Thursday, June 18, 2009

Total Health & Fitness Update

I just realized that I hadn't been blogging my progress on my fitness plan that I'm doing with a professional nutritionist and health expert. His name's Porter Brinton. Awesome guy! Just a little background information:
At the beginning of the program I was 173.3 lbs and had a 34.8% body fat (that translates into 60.31 lbs of fat) and a lean body mass of 112.99 lbs. My health goal (that probably won't be reached 100% during the 12 week program) is getting to down to 130 lbs, 20% body fat/ 26 lbs of fat. Essentially I need to lose 43.3 lbs., 14.8% body fat, and 34.4 lbs of fat.

Anyway... here's a four week late update:

Week 2 (we weigh in at the end of the week - give or take a few days)
I didn't loose any weight on the scale (still 168.2 lbs) but I lost 1.5%/2.5 lbs body fat while gaining 2.5 lbs of muscle. Hence why I didn't change numbers on the scale (+2.5 + -2.5= net loss of 0)

Current stats: 168.2 lbs, 31.8% body fat, 53.5 lbs total fat mass, 114.7 lbs lean body mass.
Still to go: 38.5 lbs, 11.8% and 27.71 lbs


Week 3:
I was a little nervous about this weigh in since I didn't technically loose any weight last week. Porter asked me to start weighing myself in the mornings. My new low is 166. At the office I

Weigh in: 167.2 lbs., -1.7%, -3.2 lbs body fat, +2.2 lbs of muscle. Lose/Gain of 1 lb this week.
Current stats: 167.2 lbs, 30.1% body fat, 50.3 lbs total fat mass, 116.9 lbs lean body mass
Still to go: 37.5 lbs, 10.1% and 24.51 lbs


Week 4:
This week was more difficult for me because I had a "cheat day" where I had a bridal shower, a graduation celebration & a wedding reception. Essentially whole a day of non-healthy eating.... great... but I recovered nicely from it. I saw a new low of 164.2!! I was excited! AND that was after my cheat day! :)

Weigh in: 166.0 lbs, -0.9%, -1.9 lbs body fat, +0.4 lbs muscle. Loss/gain of 1.5 lbs.
Current: 166 lbs, 29.2%, 48.5 lbs total fat mass, 117.5 lbs lean body mass
Still to go: 36.0 lbs, 9.2%, and 22.61 lbs


Well that's it till next week! 6 days!!

No comments: